The inverter is becoming a basic need for people nowadays especially in the areas where they face frequent power cuts. Finding the best inverter for home is at times very confusing especially with the number of brands available in the market.
We all know and also at some point in time have experienced the need for good inverters especially when it is a bright and hot sunny day outside and then there is a sudden power cut.
An inverter is nothing but just a voltage converter and a backup power storage system. It converts DC voltage to AC voltage if needed as most of the electrical appliances that we use in our home runs on AC voltage. Hence, you must look for the best inverter UPS for home to give you a better electricity output.
Now when it comes to types, you have options of many different types to get the best inverter for home. Based on the working method, you will get two types of inverters in the market:
- Stand-alone inverters.
- Grid-tie inverters.
And based on the output phases of the inverter, you get three types of inverters:
- Pure sine wave inverters.
- Modified sine wave inverters.
- Square wave inverters.
But for home use, Pure Sinewave performance inverters are generally preferred as they work best on bulky electrical gadgets and provide a stable output.
But finding the best for you may at times be very problematic, so to ease your research time, we bring to you the best inverter for home from some of the best inverter brand in India.
Best Inverter for Home in India in 2021
V-Guard Prime 1150 Digital Inverter UPS
Are you looking for an inverter that consumes less power and is ideal for sophisticated appliances? Then we have got this inverter that has a capacity of 800W for you that takes about 8-10 hours to charge the battery.
It comes with a display that shows UPS mode, overload, charging, and the water level of the battery. Its operating temperature is 0 to 45 degrees celsius and weighs 9.4kgs.
Its high-performance selection switch controls its performance. It also has a mute buzzer option. It is also provided an exclusive battery gravity builder to keep the battery healthy and improve the battery lifetime.
- A capacity of 800 Watts.
- Charging Time: 8 to 10 hours.
- Operating temperature 0 to 45 degrees celsius.
- Weight: 9.4 Kg.
- Consumes less power.
- Display status: Battery, UPS mode, Overload, Charge, Water level.
- Switch performace selection from High to low or Low to High.
- It has a good battery backup.
- It is noise-free.
- It has a wonderful display and audio.
- So far no negative point is noticed.
It has a 4.3 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 170 global ratings in it. So if you want something excellent you should go for it.
Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home Pure Sinewave Inverter UPS
This inverter is the most popular model in India. It is suitable for regular households for its 900VA and 12V battery. The 32 bit DSP processor acts as the battery management system to optimize battery charge.
The inbuilt MCB for short circuit and overload protection protects all your appliances. The single battery system with the support of 100 Ah – 220 Ah is also protected from deep discharge. The output voltage of 220 V – 230 V is maintained by the UPS mode in the battery that protects your appliances. It also has an ECO mode that avoids the increased energy consumption. Its maximum 15 Amps charging current supports all types of batteries.
The LCD on it shows the water level and back up. This inverter is noiseless and gives low harmonic deformity. It weighs 11 kgs and has a two-year warranty.
- Input Voltage from 110 V to 265 V.
- Output Voltage from 220 V to 230 V
- Battery: Single battery of 12 V.
- Efficiency: 85%
- Operating temperature 0 to 45 degrees celsius.
- Weight: 11 Kg.
- It is safe for all your appliances.
- The ECO and UPS mode help in saving electricity bills.
- The UPS mode is helpful while there is a voltage fluctuation.
- Comes with an LCD that shows the information about water and back up.
- This type of inverter has the learning capability to calculate backup and charging time.
- Not a great option for your big appliances.
- No low voltage charging for batteries.
- It does not have an automatic bypass switch.
It has 4 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 2,538 global ratings in it. So for regular households, this inverter is perfect for you.
Luminous Hkva 2 Kva Sine Cruze Wave UPS Inverter
If you prefer large products then you must go for this series. It weighs 17 kgs. Its inverter battery comes between 2KVA to 10KVA range. This type of inverter is so powerful that it can also run air conditioners and is good for sensitive components.
The switchover from the mains is also really quick. It is an automatic inverter with a recharge time of 10-12 hours. It comes with a backup time of 8 hours. It also comes with two years of warranty.
- Input Voltage: 100V to 285V
- Output Voltage: 220V
- Charging Time: 10 to 12 hours.
- Backup time: 8hours.
- Efficiency: 94.1%
- Weight: 17 Kg.
- Automatic Inverter perfect to run even air conditioners.
- The LCD screen in this inverter shows the battery charging and battery level.
- It is good for sensitive appliances.
- It comes with emergency power off option.
- It also has a high overload handling capacity.
- It is also resistive to corrosion.
- The installation and maintenance are also friendly for you.
- No high input voltage range.
- It is huge.
It has a 4 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon with 160 global ratings in it. So for a large inverter, this product is perfect for you.
Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sinewave Inverter
Microtex Ups Sinewave inverter comes with 15 milliseconds of UPS transfer time with a maximum load capacity of 800 W that is quick as well as take a lot of load on. The in-built electronic protection circuit prevents overcharging or deep-discharging of batteries.
It can run fans, tv, lights, computers, and washing machines with the right battery size. It also prevents the greater extent of short circuits using the smart overload sense. It also comes with 2 years of on-site warranty.
And not only this, it comes with a Digital signal controller based intelligent control design that immediately switches from mains to UPS when there is a power cut.
- A capacity of 880 Watts.
- In-built electronic protection circuit.
- Input voltage: 100V to 300V.
- With a right-sized battery, it can take huge loads for a long time.
- Good for household appliances.
- Comes with built-in DCS technology.
- Can take maximum load up to 800 watts.
- The battery needs to be purchased as it is not included with the whole package.
- It does not have a temperature sensor or LCD.
It has a 3.9 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 162 global ratings in it. For regular household appliances, this product is perfect.
Microtek Inverter UPS EB 800 (700VA) 588 Watts Inverter
If you are looking for an intelligent control based inverter then we have got this product for you. It is another brilliant product from this Taiwan-based multinational company Microtek.
Talking about its quality and capacity, it comes with short circuit protection and smart overload sense and also can load up to 5 fans, 5 lights, and 2 TVs simultaneously.
This inverter comes with square wave technology and it also protects from overload, deep discharge, and reverse polarity. It has an auto-reset feature and a 12V single battery.
- It comes with square wave technology.
- Metal inverter.
- It has a micro-controller for intelligent control design.
- Short circuit protection.
- Output Voltage: 180V to 230V.
- Output frequency: 50Hz.
- This inverter is worth the money.
- Has preferred safety first.
- Good to run heavy load at home.
- No solar charger mode.
It has a 3.9 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 79 global ratings in it. For a budget-friendly inverter, you should go for this.
Microtek Ups 24A-7 Hb 725Va Hybrid Sinewave Inverter
If you are looking for an inverter that is perfect for your small house requirements, you must look at this product by Microtek. For its noiseless performance along with its 725 VA and 12 V, it is considered as the perfect product for your small home.
Its IBM technology allows the inverter to charge quickly and provide longer life and longer backups. It also makes use of PWM Controlled Multistage ATM charging that ensures the safety of your battery even when it is running at its full capacity.
The most important thing about this inverter is that it has two charging modes, one is at standard charging with 10 Amps and the other is fast-charging at 14 Amps.
This inverter battery has a capacity of 725 VA and 12 V with an efficiency of 80%. It can also operate at low voltage like 100 V and as high as 300 V. It weighs 9 kgs and has an output voltage of 230 volts. It is noiseless because of its hybrid technology. It supports one battery system. It comes with 2-years of onsite warranty.
- Inverter battery capacity: 725Va/12V.
- Charging Time: 8 to 10 hours.
- Efficiency: 80%.
- Weight: 9 Kg.
- Output Voltage: 230 Volts.
- Backup time: 5 hours.
- Best battery management.
- Noiseless performance.
- Supports quick charge.
- Consists of a by-pass switch in case of UPS failure.
- 2 years onsite warranty.
- No automatic bypass.
- No circuit breaker.
It has a 3.9 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 45 global ratings in it. If you need an inverter for a small house, opt for it.
Luminous 850 VA Eco Watt
Are you looking for a trustworthy inverter for your home? Then we have got this Luminous 850 VA Eco Watt for you with an additional 850 square wave that makes it safe for your appliances used in your office, shop, and home.
Supported with a single battery, which can be a flat plate, tubular, VRLA, or SMF, this inverter is the no.1 selling UPS systems. PCB programming, FSW transformer, and microprocessor make it strong.
Its three-stage charging system increases battery life, which is safe and efficient charging of the inverter. Its use makes sensitive appliances safe, because of its UPS mode that keeps the output voltage range of 180V to 160V.
Its ECO mode also reduces battery use. Its extra load handling capacity helps to run more appliances than the other inverters.
- Built on PCB programming, microprocessors, and FSW transformers.
- Weight: 9.6 Kg.
- Three-stage charging system to ensure safe and increased battery life.
- Output Voltage: 160V to 180V.
- ECO mode to extend the voltage range.
- This inverter is safe for running appliances like an LED bulb, 40 inches LED TV,1200 mm fan, and LED tube light.
- In case overheating it shuts down due to its inbuilt thermal management system.
- It can be charged at a very low voltage of 110V also.
- It has an extra load handling capacity.
- So far no negativity is observed.
It has a 3.8 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 384 global ratings in it. For a trustworthy inverter, this product is best for you.
Luminous Zolt 1100V Inverter Sine Wave Home UPS
Luminous zolt 1100 V inverter is based on sine wave technology. The LCD on it shows the battery type, charging time, eco/UPS mode, system fault, backup time, and battery level indicator. The UPS mode ensures the safety of appliances, on the other hand in eco mode the voltage range is extended and the battery usage is reduced.
The MCB protection helps in short circuits against the appliance’s fault due to power fluctuation. For this, a safety alarm is provided to warn of short circuits, low battery, overloading, and wrong wiring. The bypass switch on it also allows direct power supply from the main.
- Three types of charging mode.
- MCB protection to protect it from short-circuits.
- Safety alarm to warn for any short-circuit, low battery, overload, or wrong wiring.
- Bypass switch to allow direct power supply from mains to household equipment.
- ECO and UPS mode.
- Good quality product.
- Efficient performance.
- Poor quality of timer display.
It has a 3.8 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 363 global ratings in it. Need a product from a trustworthy brand, here is Luminous for you.
Flin Energy Flinslim Lite Solar Hybrid Inverter
Are you fond of solar energy? Then we have got the right product for you. This Flin Energy Flinslim Lite Solar Hybrid Inverter has an in-built solar charge controller to generate maximum solar power. The auto-switch functionality allows the inverter to switch automatically to the solar mode battery during a power cut.
The sensitive appliances can be powered without any error because of the selectable input voltage. With the inbuilt LCD screen and menu buttons, you can customize the battery charging, current-voltage range, and charging priorities as per your requirements.
- It has an in-built solar charge controller to generate maximum solar power.
- Auto-switch functionality.
- Selectable input voltage.
- Efficiency: 93%
- It is a light-weight and well-designed inverter that works as a hybrid power system and also as the power backup solution.
- Pocket friendly because of its priority to solar energy which is free to use.
- Easily mounted on the wall.
- Large display with several customization options as per requirements.
- Best for the frequent power cut areas.
- A bit expensive.
- You will need a serial cable to access the computer interface.
It has a 3.8 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 41 global ratings in it. For an eco-friendly product, this inverter is perfect.
Exide Technologies 850Va Pure Sinewave Home Ups Inverter
Compared to the other models, this inverter has a maximum load capacity of 580 watts. The ASIC technology adjusts the charging current when needed resulting in long battery life. The electrolyte level sensor indicator provides a reminder for maintaining the water levels in the inverter battery.
The LCD on it shows the input and output voltages, the load percentage, battery power, and all the important parameters. It weighs 11.3 kgs. It comes with two years of warranty.
- A capacity of 580 Watts.
- Built-in PCB for high-quality protection.
- Weight: 11.3 Kg.
- Set up with the latest DSP and ASIC technology.
- Digital display for various parameters.
- Switch over time is less than ten milliseconds.
- High load capacity up to 580 watts.
- Noise due to the cooling fan.
- The battery has to be purchased separately.
It has a 3.6 out of 5 stars ratings on Amazon with 41 global ratings in it. This product is perfect for you if you are looking for an inverter with the maximum load capacity.
Buying Guide: How to choose the best inverter for your home?
There are a few things that you must keep in mind before you go to make your purchase.
Know your power requirement
It won’t be beneficial for you to buy an inverter that has a high capacity and you just need it for a small house. So before making your purchase, you must check your power requirements and buy an inverter accordingly.
Check the size of the battery as well as voltage
This is yet another important thing that you must keep in mind before getting any inverter. Check for the compatibility of the inverter with the battery that you want to buy. And also the amount of output it can give. The general outputs of inverter batteries available in the market are 100 Ah, 120 Ah, 150 Ah, 180 Ah.
Look for the inverters that have more than one mode of charging as it will help you to charge the battery at your convenience.
This is perhaps the most important thing that you must check before making your purchase Look for the inverters particularly that has automatic switching from mains and also uses new technology that turns down the mains at times of any short circuit
Warranty and brand
Now the next thing that you must check is the warranty that the company gives with the inverter. Always look for the ones that give you more months of warranty than others.
Also, you must always consider buying inverters from trusted brands as they take care of the safety measures and assures you of great quality.
Some of the well-known brands are:
What is the normal life expectancy of an inverter battery?
It depends on the type of inverter battery used, a tubular battery has a life expectancy of about 7 to 8 years while a flat plate battery has just 3 to 4 years.
Is there any special requirement to clean the inverter?
There are no such special requirements to clean your inverter but for the inverter battery, you need to carefully clean it after disconnecting it from the power source.
How often should we refill water in the inverter battery?
It generally depends on the inverter type but it is recommended to check the water level every 1 to 2 months and refill accordingly.
Finding the best inverter for home is not an easy task to do. But if you take care of the buying guide provided above, you can easily find the best inverter UPS for home.
And most importantly you must not compromise with safety for the price as inverters may have become a basic necessity but the safety must be looked at first.
So, get the perfect inverter for your home before the scorching sun and the power cuts make your life difficult.