Hairs and hairstyles are undoubtedly the best remarkable feature that can make you stand out in the crowd. Be it long or short, curls or hippy, or come up with some funky hairstyle, hairs styled like a pro always catches an eye. So to keep it trendy, you need to keep your hair styler handy, you need to get the Best Hair Dryer in India for you.
No matter you are men or women, you have a question that which is the best hair dryer in India and which hair dryer you should buy to suit your hair type? Best Hair Dryer for Men 2020 would have less power rating and temperature setting, whereas Best Hair Dryer for Women have high power rating and different technologies to tune up hairs.
So to provide you the best information on Hair Dryers we have come up with this article where you will get detailed explanations on features and technologies used in Hair Dryers and a BUYING GUIDE on How to Choose the Best Hair Dryer in India.
Along with this I have listed Top 10 Best Hair Dryers in India 2020. Popular hair dryer brands like Philips, Wahl, Hesley, Panasonic, Syska, Vega based on best customer reviews are recommended here.
Before choosing a hair dryer for you based on other people’s reviews, I would recommend you to go through the technology, features and types of hair dryers first in our BUYING GUIDE, so that you can choose yourself the Best Hair Dryer.
Wahl 5439-024 Super Dry Professional – Best Hair Dryer in India
- Wahl SuperDry Hair Dryer is one the best hair dryer in India due to its best performance.
- It comes with huge 2000W power for quick drying.
- It has 3 variable heat settings and 2-speed settings to be of optimum use.
- Turbo AC Motor for quick results.
- It has Latest Tourmaline Technology which makes it suitable for fine and thin hairs.
- It has a Cool Shot button feature that prevents heat-induced damages to your hair.
- It doesn’t have folded handle so it may not be as easy to store like other hair dryers.
Philips Hair Dryer HP8120/00 – Best Hair Dryer for Men
- This Philips hair dryer is the best hair dryer in India for Men.
- It has 1200W power for gentle drying.
- It comes with Concentrator that focuses the airflow for a polished, shiny look.
- It has Cool air shot feature gives final touch to hairs.
- It has Foldable handle for easy portability.
- 3 Flexible pre-selected drying settings makes it suitable for different hair needs.
- It has Compact design for easy handling and carrying.
Philips BHD006/00 – Hair Dryer for Men & Women both
- This Philips Hair Dryer provides gentle drying with 1600W.
- It has Foldable Handle for easy storage.
- It has Dual voltage for worldwide use.
- It comes with 1.8m cord and High gloss finish.
- It has Thermo-Protect temperature setting which prevents over-heating of hairs.
- 3 flexible speed settings ensures gentle drying.
- Cool Shot feature helps in final touch up on set hairs.
- This hair dryer is the Best Hair Dryer for Men and Women both.
- It has 2 Years Philips Warranty.
There is one combo pack available in the market which is amongst the best seller catagory. If you want to know more about Hair Straighteners, you can go through our article 10 Best Hair Straighteners in India 2020 | Reviews and Buying Guide
Philips HP8643/46 Styling Kit – Best Hair Dryer Straightener Combo
- Hair Straighter ceramic plates for smooth gliding with 210°C styling temperature.
- It has an instant heating time of 60 seconds.
- It has 110-240V supply compatibility.
- Hair Dryer has a power supply of 1000W which is suitable for either short shoulder level hair girls or long-haired guys.
- It comes with narrow concentrator which is useful to target specific areas for drying hairs.
- It is compact in size which makes it handy.
- This combo has Best Hair Dryer for Men and Short Hair Women. Also the Straightner for short hairs.
Vega Pro Touch VHDP-02 – Best Hair Dryer for Women in India
- This Vega Hair Dryer is another Best Hair Dryer in India 2020.
- It has 1800-2000W hair dryer for professional styling.
- It comes with 2 heat and 2-speed settings for the perfect styling and control over it.
- It has Safety automatic overheat cut out functions which could prevent any mishappening if you forgot to switch hair dryer off after use.
- It has Cool shot feature to set hair perfectly, which makes it the Best Hair Dryer with Cool Air in India.
- It has removable end cap for easy cleaning and cord guard with hanging loop for easy storage, which makes it travel friendly.
SYSKA HD1610 – Best Hair Dryer for Short Hair Women
- This Syska Hair Dryer has power wattage of 1200W for everyday styling.
- It uses heat balance technology for instant heating up and fast drying.
- Feature like Over-heating protection and Concentrator maintains the moisture of the hair.
- It has 2 speed setting for desired hairstyle/look.
- It comes with Cool air shot feature to give hair a warm touch.
- Foldable handle makes it travel-friendly.
- This is Best Hair Dryer for Short Hairs.
SYSKA HD1605 1000W – Best Hair Dryer for Men in India
- This Syska Hair Dryer has a Good design with improved airflow.
- It comes with moderate 1000W power which makes it Best Hair Dryer for Men in India.
- It has Foldable handle to store & carry conveniently.
- Feature like Overheating protection ensures safety.
- A rubberized hook is provided at the base of the handle.
- It has ‘Health breeze mode’ that prevents excess heat and helps in the gentle drying of hair.
HavellsHD3201 1500W – Best Ionic Hair Dryer for Thick Hair Women
- This Havells Hair Dryer is one of the Best Hair Dryer in India.
- It has Gentle drying power wattage of 1500W.
- It has 3 temperature settings (hot, warm and cool), which makes it suitable to use for different hair conditions.
- It has Ionic care technology for shiny hair, which makes it suitable for Thick and Frizzy hairs.
- It comes with Cool Shot airflow to set the style in place.
- Foldable handle makes it travel-friendly.
- It has a Concentrator with a fixed nozzle.
- It comes with Havells 2-year guarantee.
HESLEY 2200W ZEPHYR – Best Budget Hair Dryer in India
- Hesley hair dryers are one of the cool looking hair dryers I found which has good customer reviews as well.
- This Hesley Hair Dryer comes with 2200 Watts powerful DC motor for ultra-fast drying and less heat to minimize heat damage
- The cool shot knob throws away mild cool air over hairs for final touch up.
- It has 2 speeds and 3 Heat settings allow for design creativity when drying and are suitable for different hair types and conditions.
- It comes with one narrow concentrator for optimal drying, styling, and straightening.
HESLEY MIS-23 2200W – Best Hair Dryer under 1000 in India
- This another Hesley Hair Dryer we have chosen based on its best reviews.
- It has 2200 watts powerful DC motor for ultra-fast drying and less heat to minimize heat damage.
- It has 2 speeds and 3 heat settings allow for design creativity when drying
- Cool Shot button is useful to fine tune your hairs.
- It comes with a hanging loop for convenient storage.
- It has one narrow removable concentrator for optimal drying, styling, and straightening.
- It has removable filter for easy cleaning and a sufficient length Of Chord – 1.6 Metres.
- This is the Best Hair Dryer under 1000 in India.
HESLEY 1400W Luxury series HD-01 – Best Unisex & Stylish Hair Dryer
- This is another Powerful Hesley Hair Dryer with 1400W output.
- It has Sleek and Compact Design makes it looks stylish.
- This stylish Dryer comes with a folding Handle making it portable and easy to carry while travelling.
- Effective cool shot button to locks in curls, waves, and style.
- It has 3 temperature settings.
- It Comes with Removable Concentrator and Hanging Loop.
- Sufficient Length Of Chord- 1.75 Metres.
Panasonic EH-ND21 – Best Hair Dryer for Men
- This Panasonic Hair Dryer has decent power rating of 1200 W.
- It is the Best Hair Dryer for Men.
- It comes with Cool Shot feature.
- It has a great feature called ‘Quick Dry Nozzle’, which blows combination of Strong and weak airflow for efficient drying.
- It has 3-speed settings.
- Another feature like Hair Protective Temperature Technology at 50°C makes it unique.
- It comes with Foldable handle and easy to carry.
- It has 2 years Panasonic warranty.
Panasonic EH-ND12P – Best Hair Dryer for Men
- This Panasonic Hair Dryer has 1000W power.
- It has Cool Shot feature.
- It comes with 3 Temperature settings which makes it the Best Hair Dryer for Men with different hair types.
- Compact design makes it easy for you to handle and carry.
- It has Healthy mode feature which maintains constant 50 degrees Celcius to reduce damage to hairs.
- It has 2 years warranty.
BUYING GUIDE | How to choose the Best Hair Dryer in India?
What is a Hair Dryer?
As simple as ‘I will dry my hairs very quickly after a shower or I will blow my hairs up & style like Danish Zehen’ surely won’t help here. As not choosing a right Hair Dryer for you probably cost you your hairs (lol), just kidding, but it surely can affect quality and shininess of your hairs.
Therefore, here I have explained different technologies used in Hair Dryers and their significances that you should know before making your choice to buy one of the Best Hair Dryers in India.
First thing you will notice about any Hair Dryer is its Wattage rating. The higher the wattage is, higher is the hot air blow and as a result you will dry your hairs more quickly. Wattages of Hair Dryers are available in the range of 800-1800 watts for home & semi-professional use (Salon level). High-grade professionals could go up to 3600 Watts
So the best hair dryer for Men should have wattage between 800-1500W and for women, 1400-2200W would do a great job. And for home use, for ideal use of both Men and Women, one of the best Hair Dryers in India would be any hair dryer between 1400 -2000W with which men can use it with lower heat settings and women are preferred at home anyway 😉
Materials and Technology
Like every other product, Hair Dryers have also evolved in their technology. Different types of heating coil materials and hair drying technologies are available in the market. So here I will combine materials and technologies for your understanding which will make you choose yourself one of the Best Hair Dryers in India.
a) Conventional Metal Coils – A Big NO
These hair dryers are available in the market at cheap prices, but they damage the hairs the most. So even if you are low on budget, don’t go for metal coils as your hairs are more precious than them.
b) Ceramics and Infrared – mostly preferred
In this type of hair dryers, heating elements are either coated or replaced with ceramic or porcelain. It produced constant and even heat flow which does not damage your hairs. Ceramic Hair Dryers also produces long-wavelength infrared rays which penetrate the hair and dry it from inside out. These hair dryers also release some negatively charged ions which help control frizz. Ceramic Hair Dryers produces healthy, shiny and moisturized hairs, and for this reason, they are widely used and are suitable for almost all hair types and most importantly is recommended for regular use.
Due to this reason, Ceramic Hair Dryers are amongst the Best Hair Dryers in India.
c) Ionic Hair Dryers
These hair dryers are specially designed to produce more negatively charged ions by creating an electromagnetic field which helps to break down positively charges water molecules and dries hairs more quickly than Ceramic Hair Dryers making hairs smooth and silky. These are recommended for thick and frizzy hairs.
Ionic Hair Dryers do not damage hairs but are not suitable for very thin hairs. Also, are not recommended for regular use as they build electromagnetic field which may be harmful and unknowingly causes overheating which is not suitable for thin hairs.
d) Tourmaline Hair Dryers
Tourmaline is the special technology used in modern hair dryers. It combines ceramic coating along with multi-coloured minerals, like Gemstone. These minerals produce infrared rays along with negatively charged ions to make hairs glossy and shiny. It is mostly recommended for fine and thin hairs.
Heat Control Settings
The best choice of Hair Dryer for generalized use must have multiple heat and fan speed control settings. Depending on the wet conditions of your hairs you may sometimes want to switch to lower heat and blow setting. Also, if you are a family, then women may want more heat and more blow than men in the house.
In such case Hair Dryer with 3-temperature and 3-speed settings would do great.
And remember instead of drying your hairs with high settings may give you quick results but it’s not suggested as it damages your hairs more than lower settings.
Cool Shot Button – Most Recommended
The most needed feature in a best hair dryer in India is Cool Shot Button. It blows a flow of cool air after hair drying is done (Cool air doesn’t mean cold air, but air at a comparatively lower temperature).
Cool shot helps to lock in curls in your styled hairs, also giving them a shiny look. This feature is mostly recommended and you will always find it in the best hair dryers in India category.
When your hairs are about 80% dry, use cool shot to give a final touch to your styled hairs as it will hold up the style as well as it will prevent overheating.
For your hair drying and styling requirements, you should look for types of attachments in a Hair Dryer.
If you have long hairs, concentrator would be more useful in drying as you can target it to a particular strand of hair and dry them quickly. Hairs can be set straight or soft wavy using concentrators.
Unlike concentrators, diffuser diffuses air blow in a broad area and helps to maintain curls and wavy textures on hairs. Diffusers can be used with low heat setting to enhance natural shine in hairs and avoid frizzes.
Low weighted Hair Dryer comes more handy and comfortable to use.
Hair Dryer with foldable handle can be a good choice to take it along with your luggage. Also if you are a world traveller, you should also look for a Hair Dryer with Dual Voltage Setting.
As now as you are aware of the technology behind hair dryers, and you can choose the best suitable hair dryer for yourself, let’s get back to the list of top 10 best hair dryers in India. Check them out and make your decision.
I hope you have liked this article. If you have made your decision, or if you want to know more on it or any comments about this article, please write to us in the comment section below.
Related to any other Queries, please reach us through Contact us.